From:
Joanna Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:52:12 -0700

Hi all -
I just went to following site and discovered the info is a little outdated.
For example, the Evenflo Ultra has been revised and is no longer good
choice, and the Elite was discontinued a year or more ago.  The Dr. Brown's
is on the no-no list - totally agree that the wide version is pretty bad
(long nipple, abrupt right-angle at base) but the original nipple seems to
encourage good tongue movements - have used it to retrain some disorganized
little ones.  I notice an ad on this site for the BornFree (BPA free) bottle
but this nipple is identical to the wide Dr. Brown's - which is (my humble
opinion) worse than the Avent.  Have seen the bad results (guppy mouth).

By the way, the Adiri has been revised and re-released.  This new one seems
to have dealt with all the problems of last.  I've been fondling some
samples - look good but haven't had user feedback yet.  Very breasty.  And I
agree with the writer who is fond of the BreastFlow bottle - have had good
results with this as long as strong baby.

Cheers,
Joanna Koch, IBCLC, N Ca

I just wanted to suggest this link (from Diana West's new website) -

http://www.lowmilksupply.org/nipples.shtml
<http://www.lowmilksupply.org/nipples.shtml>

It has recommendations about bottle nipples that are better for BFing based
on LC studies not advertising claims.