Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:36:41 EDT
Does anyone have info that would be useful in applying for a grant for an LC
position at a large county hospital?  I have the background info, like
statistics, studies and such but would appreciate info from anyone who has
been down this road and done it successfully.  I believe there is a lot of
support for me to do this and even a few docs at the hospital already
applying for a grant but I feel I have more info that could make a difference
than what they have and I would like to get the grant so that I could set up
the program.  I worked under a grant at this hospital on a different program
but was able to do lactation while there.  We lost some grant money so my
position was eliminated and, with it went the lactation support.  The
hospital is so dependant on grant money, they wouldn't consider a lactation
program without it.  Has anyone done this successfull who would be willing to
share their "how-to's" and suggestions, maybe even an idea of what to write?
TIA
Marsha Puckett Glass RN, IBCLC
Indianapolis, IN