Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:26:00 EDT
Susan  says,
********************************

I am  really tired of having to explain why four feeds a day is not enough
and why  cutting back on the number of feeds "because the baby is burning
too many  calories if he doesn't sleep 12 hours at night" is likely to make
the failure  to thrive even worse.

This is unbelievable and absolutely appalling!!  Where is it  coming from?
Can you put an antiviral barrier up so it doesn't migrate to  the midwest?
I've not heard it here (yet).  What if the baby sleeps  12 hours, but it is
2 hours awake, 2 hours asleep?  This sounds as though  it comes from that
horrid book, 12 Hours of Sleep by 12 Weeks of Age.   Yes?

Jan Barger