Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:37:17 -0600
At 12:34 PM 3/21/02 -0600, you wrote:
>When we say someone is taking lecithin, what kind of dosage are we talking
>about? I have heard many different recommendations. After suffering with
>recurrent plugged ducts (as often as once a week) for *years*--through two
>children's infancies and into a third--I finally got dramatic relief taking
>lecithin, but I had to take four times the dosage recommended on the
>bottle, and if I skipped or skimped, the plugged ducts returned
>immediately. In the case below, Jean, I would wonder about the fact that
>all of her plugged ducts are on one side.

I recommend 4 gelcaps of 21 grain lecithin. The bottle recommends 1 a day
but that is just for a supplement. I have mom begin with 4. After a week or
so she can see if just 3 will work for her. For some women 3 is enough.
That is the lowest level that I have recorded.

Personally, I take 2 gelcaps a day as a "roto rooter" for fats in the blood
veins.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:[log in to unmask]