From:
Laura Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:15:10 EDT
Hi.  I am Laura Alexander from San Rafael and have been off line for awhile
because I couldn't keep up with the mail.  But I'm back and will try again.
I work at California Pacific Medical Center and have a Mom who has been
diagnosed with Lyme Disease from a tic bite.  I am looking for information
about breastfeeding with this disease.  All I can find so far is a short
paragraph from LLL's answerbook which states there is no evidence that Lyme
disease can be transmitted by breastfeeding and the CDC which recommends the
mother not breastfeed until she is finished with a full course of
antibiotics.  Does anyone have any further information or recommendations?
Thanks and it's good to be back chatting with you all.  I always learn alot.