From:
John Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 19:13:35 -0400
I had a mom ask me today for some suggestions for weaning her 3 yr. old.  He
nurses maybe once a day but at night they use the family bed so he is
accustomed to rolling over and feeding whenever.  When asked why she wanted
to wean because emotionally she shared that it would be difficult for her,
she said she wants to have another baby and ovulation hasn't been very
regular.  She has tried having her son lay next to her husband but that
hasn't worked consistently because they've wound up in different beds due to
dads snoring.  I will talk to her to find out more but I referred her to our
local La leche league and said I would do some investigating.  We met by
chance while I was talking to her sister in law who had her baby and is
breast feeding for the first time. She followed me out of the room to
briefly talk.  Thanks in advance.

Laura Walker, RNC, IBCLC
--
Registered ICC User