From:
Petra Hoehfurtner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:42:59 +0000
Hi

As he is tolerating a rather big amount in a short amount of time from a
bottle my brain doesn't go to reflux.

None of my ideas make sense out of the fact that he is spitting up when
directly feeding from the breast, unless she is holding him very
differently with bottle feeding, therefore it is possible a restriction
clicks in, in a certain position, making him throw up. I would start
with body work (my favourite is Cranial Osteopathy, but it needs to be
someone good) and see what difference this makes and afterwards assess
for a tie too.

If she tried a shield and the baby shredded the nipple - it is more then
likely that the shield was far to big.

Petra Hoehfurtner

IBCLC
LLL