From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:11:26 EDT
Oh, what a tragic incident that was related to us about the baby being killed
because it was nursing in the car. Of course, this will be focused as a
breastfeeding issue rather than a safety one by most.....we must add this
topic to all of our classes, both pre and post natal. (I did know a mom who
sat in the back and nursed her baby while it was still fastened into the car
sear --I guess that would work with larger breasts).

Another related topic--pumping while driving!!

A local radio show ran a recent segment on the craziest things people have
done or seen done while driving (this in NJ where they are all crazy drivers
anyhow!). Two people spoke about pumping their breasts while driving, and one
was turned into a commercial advertising the show, so I've heard it several
more times. I also had a client recently who told me that she does the same
thing.....we need to address this in our classes as well, I guess
(sigh)....another chapter for the Common Sense Parenting book.

Kathy Rubin IBCLC RNC in NJ