From:
Chris Clark IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:37:52 -0500
Dear lactnet,Im working with a mom, for the second time (child) she called
me with her first after several antibiotics and over a month of tx because
she could no longer see her nipple. It was painfully obvious to me when I
arrived at her home that she was dealing with an large abcess made worse, as
she had not been able to nurse that right side for 4 days. She never did
nurse on that side, but successfully nursed for one year on the left.
 I met with her monday 3/11 to work with her as she was experiencing sore
nipples and he was refusing to nurse on the right, even though it appeared
to me and to her through pumping etc that flow and volume were fine. baby
was a week old this monday his latch is shallow and it appears his chin
recedes some. I worked with her using the assymetrical latch and taught her
to observe baby. She has incredible milk supply so baby doesnt have to work
too hard. She had a small sore on left that she thought was healing. She
called yesterday  thursday 3/14 to cancel our fu visit as she feels she has
mastitis on the left. She went to clinic (red breast, temp 103, flu like or
worse) and saw midwife and was put on Diclox. Midwife called me today as mom
feels its getting worse.Any suggestions I fear she harbors resistant
bacteria given her first experience.
Thak you Chris Clark IBCLC private practice