From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:54:03 +0100
This story has been in all the papers over the past two days.  The local
paper published it first,
http://www.nordlands-framtid.no/dump/0/21/51/8.html
and there is a rather vulgar and graphic cartoon illustrating it which you
can view in large format by clicking on the small version.  The text is
Norwegian only.  This happened in Northern Norway where people are reputed
to be tougher and more direct than elsewhere.

This is the wire story:
'Got breastmilk at Bodø bar
Flashing has become popular in local night life.  Last Saturday, two new
mothers also participated in the sport.  They got their kicks by spraying
other guests with breastmilk.
According to Northlands' Future, it is not uncommon for men to flash in the
night spots in Bodø.  It has become a sport to pull down one's trousers in
front of the bar, without the staff realizing what is going on.
The ladies who let loose on Saturday went a bit further.  According to the
paper, it started when some ladies from out of town bared their breasts.  A
couple of local new mothers clearly meant they had more to offer.  Guests
and bouncers were sprayed with breastmilk when the two let their hair down
at the Da Carlo restaurant.
-- They sprayed several metres across the place, said one guest.
He got milk on his shirt, and was surprised that the bouncers didn't put a
stop to the activity.  We should mention that the two mothers phoned Da
Carlo's the next day to apologize.  Thus, there is little reason to expect
extra performances of this very special sort during coming week-ends.'
(translated from the Norsk Telegrambyrå release)

For the record, I found the story amusing but my midwife colleagues here
thought it was sad.  But then, I always have been sold on bad taste and
laugh easily.  It just goes to show that BF is so normal here, that even
crazed drunk women, called 'ladies' in the news report!- may have milk in
their breasts.  I liked the phrase 'let their hair down'-- a new euphemism
for MER?
with that, we are well on our way to a great new year in the frozen North
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway