From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:22:39 -0800
 Gadgets drive me nuts, although sometimes they save the day.  I have to
say, much to my chagrin, that certain "stereotypical" women fall into the
category of needing gadgets as a crutch.  Yes, those with sexual abuse
clearly do, but I am refering to those who are not abused.  Women who have
spent most of their adult lives building careers and delaying childbearing
seem to be disproportionately represented here.  It may be that they don't
trust their bodies, or that they just trust "instruments" more.  If I may
go out on a limb, the moms with engineering degrees seem to have a more
severe case of this.
Chris--now, really going back to bed to let these damn stitches heal.

 Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC   email: [log in to unmask]
                HSR & Health Educational Consultant