From:
Catharine Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:54:25 -0800
For hands-free pumping, I came up with an extremely
simple and inexpensive solution.  It works with any
bra and is quick and reusable and takes almost no
space.

Take a pair of elastic ponytail holders and loop them
together into a "figure of eight".  Make one of these
for each breast.  Now, slip one loop around the pump
funnel and hook the other loop over the hook fastener
of the nursing bra. Position the funnel over the
breast and you're ready to pump.  If the bra does not
have a suitable hook to put the loop over, then the
other end of the elastic band can be looped around the
bra shoulder strap before attaching the funnel.  By
adjusting her bra around the funnel and her shirt down
over the top of the funnels, they stay quite secure
and can be relatively discreet.

I've been using this system for more than seven years
of pumping and it works great.  No special bras or
devices or equipment needed.  The elastic bands are
available at any discount store and cost under a
dollar.

If my instructions are not clear, I would be happy to
provide photo instructions if someone has a place to
post them.

Catharine Decker, MD
Family Medicine/Urgent Care
Luther Mayo Midelfort Health Systems