From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:04:44 +0200
Re the recall of Bliss gripe water with apple flavour, do any British Lactnetters have information on Nurse Harvey`s Gripe Water which has been the classic colic remedy since my own kids were babies.  It is sold here in Israel and checking the ingredients there do not seem to be any preservatives or food colouring - and it is effective.  It is a myth that b/f babies never get tummy ache - my 10-week old grandson feeds non-stop and gives a burp to be proud of. However he does suffer from colic and I recommended N.H.Gripe Water as one of the few remedies that don`t add sugar/additives etc.
Wendy Blumfield
NCT ANT Tutor/BFC
Israel Childbirth Education Centre