From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:20:43 -0400
Dear Linda Smith, Pat Young, & others who have mentioned the "BF -
Everybody's Doing it" T-shirt -

So glad to hear that the shirt's getting out & around! Bet it won't surprise
you when I tell you that I was one of the "inventors" of that "offensive"
shirt! (Diane Wiessinger too!) We had a high old time, I'll tell you. The
clerk at our WIC office, who sees just about everyone that comes through the
door at WIC, had one, and she used to wear it frequently - and NO ONE ever
said anything, ever, about finding it offensive. Which is pretty amazing,
since our clients were, on the whole, pretty easily offended,esp. by
anything they considered anti-formula (synonymous w/direct direct personal
attack on their mothering skills).

Cathy Bargar, RN, IBCLC Ithaca NY