From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:31:55 -0500
Jan Said:
"I do have to disagree that cabbage is "simply another form of cold
application."  Cabbage works, even if it is at room temperature.  It works
faster than just cold applications."

Correct as usual, King Friday (any former Mr. Rogers parents out there?). I
will confess to using cabbage leaves not only for sprained ankles, etc., but
also as a comfort measure for a severe vaginal yeast infection. You know
that awful hot, itchy, red, swollen, can't-think-about-anything-else feeling
you can get with those? (And I'm allergic to the usual rx. for yeasties -
despite what the medical conventional wisdom might say on the subject!)
Cabbage leaves, applied externally, gave instant relief, better than
anything else I've tried. (I did have to hope they wouldn't drop out from my
underpants while the pizza-delivery guy was at the door...)Cold or room
temperature, didn't matter.

So there you have my confessions of a cabbage-crotcher!

Cathy Bargar