From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:42:10 -0400
i'd hate to see this amazing resource be lost to all of the people who
do use it.   So so so very many mothers have been helped by information
in the archives and so many of us non-IBCLC's have gained information
that has helped us help others, with them in turn passing on what they
know.    there are many people who have been helped directly or
indirectly by information learned from lactnet or the archives.    many
of the people who i've helped had tried to get help from various avenues
but either the helpers (IBCLC's, LC's, peds, LLL Leaders)  didn't have
the answers, or the mom didn't  have the finances to get help and was
running out of options.

it would be a great loss to many.

however, in light of the recent event, I can see why the idea is being
considered and can understand why such a move would be made.

having said that, I still support keeping the list and the archives open.

katherine in atl