Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2013 13:26:49 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
To All, 

I have been reading this discussion with great interest and feel moved to share my personal experience. My second son went several months without a weight gain when he was a little older than this baby in question. He was a fast eater, very chubby, and at the stage where he could be easily distracted if the dog barked, his older brother was playing near us, etc. My milk supply was very good. My son continued to grow in height and head circumference. The MD was an older, seasoned pediatrician. His thought was that this was a healthy baby meeting all milestones at or ahead of the norm and let it alone. My son started gaining again after that plateau and never stopped. 

This baby is gaining, just not as quickly as before. If all else is healthy and he is meeting milestones appropriately, perhaps this mother has a healthy baby who grows differently. 

Just sharing to bring some perspective that it helps to look beyond numbers on a chart to the whole baby. I am very grateful that his pediatrician did just that. 

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2