From:
Mark & Lechia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:41:00 -0500
I am behind on my lactnet, of course, but just read some of the posts about
babies in bed at the hospital.  I always try to help moms get comfortable
with this, as I see it as a "survival technique."

One of the funniest situations I saw while working in the hospital, was an
older nurse came out of a room huffing.  She said, "I put the baby back in
the bassinet, because, can you believe it, the mother was sitting, NUDE, on
the toilet nursing the baby!"  I quickly gave baby back to mom and told the
other nurse that that is exactly what she will be doing at home, it may be
the only way she gets to go to the bathroom at times!  Of course, she
thought I was off my rocker, but I've "been there, done that."

=D
Lechia Davis, RNC, ACCE, IBCLC