From:
Pam Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 00:03:50 -0400
Jeanette Panchula:

Your son is brilliant!  Of course there should be an organization of the
"Children of Lactation Consultants."  My children 15, 18, & 22  are ready to
sign up now.  They have spent their life hearing breastfeeding,
breastfeeding, breastfeeding - and sometimes have gotten pretty tired of
trying to explain to their friends.  Like the child of someone who recently
posted, my daughter has repeatedly used the topic in papers and essays.  She
even gave a speech on the political aspects of breastfeeding and ABM at a
forensic meet. Believe me when I say they are well educated in the field of
lactation and could almost take my calls.  They KNOW how to treat sore
nipples and engorgement!

And they have indeed gone on an exotic vacation where they got chummy with
other COLIC members. Last summer in
Scottsdale they met every day in a wonderful room set aside for teens.  They
played pool, games, watched movies, and commiserated with each other over
their strange mothers. They can't wait to go to Kansas City in July where
they hope to meet their COLIC friends again.

It helps to have a sense of humor.

Pam Wiggins, Franklin VA