From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:57:17 -0500
Pat wrote:
>I still suggest Happy Baby food grinders.<

Ahh... that brings back memories :)
I think we paid about $5 for it and it was worth every penny. Now they
cost around $14, still a bargain.
Our baby food grinder accompanied us everywhere, until we discovered
that babies are just as happy picking up chunks of food as eating
mush.  It was relegated to the back of the top shelf in the kitchen
cabinets for many years. we found another use for it when my father in
law had Altzheimers and could no longer chew very well.

LLL still puts out good info on starting solids:
 FAQ: When Should My Baby Start Solids?
 www.llli.org/FAQ/solids.html
and
FAQ: First foods for babies