From:
"Jane D. Squires" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:37:25 -0600
I have been invited by our local newspaper to write a small weekly column, to
coincide with their cribside postings.  Cribside is where names of new babies
and their parents are posted.  At the moment I have writers block, and am
searching for ideas.  I would like to focus on birth to six weeks, as this is
usually the most difficult time for new parents.  Of course I know there are
other difficult times, but I have found, and you all know that this is when
most women give up on breastfeeding, and if they only had the support they
needed, perhaps we could get them off to a better start.

My request is for topic ideas. Then maybe I could over a six week period cover
what normal predictable hurdles a new family will encounter.  I think once I
get an idea of where to start I will do fine.  Thanks for your input. Please
email me privately.

Jane Squires RN IBCLC