From:
Melissa Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:44:02 -0700
Ah, that would make sense Nina if the company was billing it as a Bf
friendly alternative...I have not seen that done, but I would not be
surprised. Still, if one understand the principles behind how the bottle
works I just don't get how they would select the tool to reduce compression
since that is how the thing works! And thinking it will not factor into
nipple confusion is another story.

Another sad fad in my area (and beyond I am sure) is for some providers to
think that weeks and weeks of finger feeding is better than an appropriately
chosen bottle. As if "finger confusion" and a tiny little "birdie" mouth is
better. I am working this concept into a presentation I am doing for birth
professionals since I am hoping to shed some local light on the topic. Guess
I will bring up the Haberman fallacy during the presentation too, just in
case

Melissa Cole