From:
Jenny Lesley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:45:31 +0100
Lactnetters,
>      I had a mom call me last nite.  Her baby is 7 weeks old and had
refused
> the right breast for the last couple of days.

Betsy,

This is just a thought based on some personal experience.  My son refused
one breast for several days because he was bruised from an attempted
ventouse delivery and when he was lying with his head on my forearm it hurt
his bruises.
What was the birth like for this baby?  Is there any chance it is residual
birth trauma?  Also, has mum tried latching him onto the favoured breast and
then transferring him over to the other one mid-feed but using the underarm
hold so that he has only moved a few inches? (forgive me European
lactnetters but can still only think in imperial).  I found cranial
osteopathy helpful - is this an option for your client?

Best wishes,

Jenny Lesley
Antenatal Teacher/Trainee BFC Worthing, England