From:
Henya KnitMammy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:48:08 -0400
Dear Kathy Dettwyler, that is nice when you are talking about a theoretical
"child" model M/F . But when I bring my very real kids to a pediatrician it
is another story. I do not care about internal conflicts. I want my child
treated, and at the very least do not want to hear advise that is outright
harmful because the doctor giving it had a nice vacation or because he or
she is relying on the evidence based studies that were sponsored by the
formula or vaccine manufacturer. Frankly I do not care about science when my
child is sick. I do not care about the grater good. What I care about is one
(my) sick child. When my first baby got very sick after the vaccination his
pediatrician refused to report it to CDC. He did not want to get in trouble.
It did not matter that it took us about six month to get my son back to
normal. I was told that what I was living through did not happen because it
can not happen, due of course to the scientific evidence.
As to Dr. Gordon, I do not know him, but I loved his satire.
I did not need to be told that it was satire.
And if the AAP members have been "aware for years" , but still keep taking
money from the companies that promote ill health how Am I as a mother can
trust them?
By the way if it was police, taking money from criminals, acknowledging the
conflict and all...We would be calling them - um,criminals too?

--
Henya
Brooklyn,NY

Please, visit my blog