From:
Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:27:51 -0400
To all;
At the moment I am not on lactnet so please send any info to my private
email but alos to the group is you think it is of help to others.

I have a client whom I worked with exensively with her first baby. She has
very large cystic breasts which initially were ungraspable for baby because
of her also too large and inverted nipples. Usually I get one of these
problems one at a time but this poor lady had all of the above.

Helping her  initially getting a latch that really transferred milk without
her having to top up was no small accomplishment, but her persistance and
committment got her through after a month. Than she was plagued by many
plugged and painful breasts plus several bouts of mastitis. She continued
for I think 8 months until her baby could tolerate other milks( intolerance
to regular formula, finally went to one of the vegetable based (not soy)
formula.

 She is now 4 months pregnant and already feeling the breast discomfort
that is not just generally pregnancy uncomfortableness but localized
painful areas. Her breast are already larger than before however she thinks
that her nipples evert better(I hope). Is ther anything thing she can do
differently this time and is there help for her in her pregnancy.

Last time she did a lot of pumping, breast shaking to losen milk around
cysts, the usual treatments such as cabbage leaves etc.. the only thing I
didn't try was "lethacin". If this is an option, How much? how often? and
what about during her pregnancy? Help!!

Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>