From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:11:21 -0700
At a family picnic Sunday, I met a relative by marriage who had been a
career labor/delivery nurse and mother of 8 now grown children.  She now
works postpartum as L&D is too stressful for her blood pressure. As she
helps new moms breastfeed, she was obviously agitated regarding this
news regarding toxins.  Her niece who is a public health nurse agreed.

Just like Sweden banning PBDE's, the banning of certain organochlorides
in Israel resulted in the first recorded declines in breast cancer. From
the breast cancer perspective and my mastectomy fitting business,
chemicals are provocative to both problems.  Thousands more chemicals
are allowed in
the US than in Sweden where my cousins reside, as that country has been
more socially responsible.  In fact, by joining the EU, many Swedes are
worried that their laws will be diluted to accept lower standards.

http://www.voiceofwomen.com/articles/breastcancer.html
http://www.nutrition4health.org/NOHAnews/NNS93BrCancerDDT.htm

The above link from 1992 testifies that we have to lower women's
exposure to all chemicals to improve our own health and the health and
IQ potential of our children and grandchildren.  I wonder if any ongoing
studies are happening.
Judy Ritchie