From:
Diana Warfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 21:03:02 -0500
Thankyou for that wonderful response to the M.D. who was concerned about the
mother sleeping with her baby. I am new to Lactnet and have been quietly
reading away for the last 2 wks. but you have prompted me to respond. I am
an R.N and recently certified I.B.C.L.C. working at a Community Health
Centre in Canada's fosty Capital. My husband (a Chemist with Health Canada)
and I have 2 wonderful children aged 20yrs. and 17yrs. Andy nursed till I
developed hyperemesis with Katie, and Katie nursed till she was just over
3yrs. Both slept with us for a large % of their preschool years and weaned
themselves. I not only enjoyed the warmth of "a family bed", I also enjoyed
having only 3 periods in nearly 5yrs. It was very heartwarming at Christmas
to have our 6'4" son, home from University, drape himself across the end of
the bed at 3 a.m. New Years morning and tell us about his evening. Enough
"intro" I hope. Am enjoying the diversity of professional input and thought
provoking commentary you all provide and am thrilled to have "finally"
become a Lactnetter. Now back to my remaining 18 digests.