From:
Verónica Garea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:17:26 -0300
Hello Claudia and Natália,
I am the person in charge of
http://www.bariloche.com.ar/lactancia/indicenewman.htm

We reviewed the translations a few years ago and asked for permission to
put them up in our webpage.

These are the year 2000 version of Dr. Newman's handouts. We need to
update them, but I am unaware of a revision done of the translations
themselves. We have to check the documents and translate the new ones, but
it is a big endeavor and we already help with translations for LLLI...

So, when using these handouts bear in mind that they are older versions
and there might be update in the information. They are better than
nothing, but should be used with this knowledge in mind.

As for the translation of herbs' names, I think the best way to go is to
use the scientific name. For instance, goat's rue is "galega officinalis".
With this name, you can look up the common name in Spanish: galega, ruda
cabruna,... depende de la zona las hierbas reciben nombres diferentes.
Blessed thistle is "Cnicus benedictus L.", called in Spanish cardo
bendito, cardo santo, centáurea bendita.

I believe that herbs should be handled with care and under the supervision
of an experienced and qualified person when used for "treatment" such as
for increasing milk supply. There are other mechanisms to increase milk
supply that do not involve chemicals.

Saludos

Veronica

Verónica Garea