From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 13:46:21 -0800
Ekua: Ditto is all I can say!  Just think...if each mom who successfully bf
and knows the difference personally reaches out to just one woman on an
interpersonal basis...As LLLI says, "One mother and one baby at a time..."
Yes, we CAN make a difference.  As a LLLL alone (not counting IBCLC
presentations and consults) on a daily basis I run into moms and their
babies--many now older children--whom I've seen in the first days
postpartum.   Many of these moms called me while in tears, saying that no
one was there for them and that they were about to give up.  It gives me
secret joy to know that in some small way, I've helped get these real,
tangible families off to the best possible start.  It's really not an ego
thing, but rather the feeling that one has made a difference that will live
on way into the future.

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )