Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:15:31 -0600
At 03:58 PM 3/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>By the way, tongue-tied baby's mom has switched to formula. Says it's
>not worth upsetting the pedi. to breastfeed.
>Dawn

What a tragedy!  I have had clients, too, who disagree  with Ped.'s advice
to supplement or wean, or whatever, but they will do it because they don't
want to upset the doctor, even if they truly believe that the advice is not
good for their babies.

Whatever happened to maternal protection of the young?  Isn't it amazing
that a mother's loyalties can be so disordered?

Hopefully this Ped's peers could enlighten him, or maybe the CEO could be
informed that other Peds are favorable of the clipping. I hope you get some
helpful resources before your encounter tomorrow. Think positively...that
this man is eager to learn what you have to teach him.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC, in Private Practice and sympathetic to those of you
in hospitals.
Milwaukee

mailto:[log in to unmask]