From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 22:55:23 -0500
On the subject of insurance cos., do any of you have experience getting
coverage from Blue Cross for breast pumps? I spent most of this morning on
the phone for a 16 year old (v. motivated one too) with a 32 week baby.
After an hour, Grandad took over the phone calls. (We were in the NICU). 2
hours later he gave up and they rented privately. I believe Blue Cross pays
for pumps for babies born 32 weeks gestation or before (yes I know sounds
crazy) but I'm darned if I know how to access them (and I deal with quite a
few other insurance cos.) Needless to say this arises, as it did today, at
a moment of extreme stress and is the last problem Mom needs. Any input?
Anne Merewood