From:
Anne Grider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:25:59 -0400
I agree that the Medela Pedal Pump can be a relatively low cost option. For
clarity, however, I'd like to point out that only the pedal portion could be
rented. The collection kit would need to be single user.  Wholesale price on
the pedal is currently $26.95. The double kit is $24.75 at wholesale.  Add
to this shipping and tax and profit (if any needs to be made) and we are now
talking about over $60 for a mother to purchase.  The suggested retail price
for the complete unit  is $98.50.  Additionally, she would need some sort of
cooler/carrier if she did not already have something suitable. Bottles and
nipples, too.

Looks like the only way to make pumping free is to hand express and feed by
cup.

Anne Grider, IBCLC, Private Practice, Marietta, GA, USA