From:
Paul & Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 11:05:14 -0400
Mardrey Swenson, LLL Leader wrote:

> Does anyone have a reference for this

Mardrey,

I just reviewed this last night in my IBCLE study group.  Try looking in
"Infant Feeding, The Physiological Basis", edited by Jim Akre,
supplement to Volume 67, 1989 of The Bulletin of the World Health
Organization.

There was discussion of supressor peptides present in milk, that inhibit
milk production when allowed to build up or become concentrated in milk,
i.e. during engorgement.

I don't have the reference with me...my study partner has it...but I
think it was mentioned in chapter 2.

Kathy Koch, LLLL, AAPL
Alexandria, VA