From:
Heleen en Harmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:17:54 +0100
On 2 Jan 2005 at 20:50, Kathryne R. Bredbeck wrote:

> Esther Grunis wrote:
> > Recently in our hospital, a mom was sleeping with her baby and the
> > baby fell out of  the bed.  Hospital beds are not ideal for sleeping
> > with babies, so now we have a setback.  Any suggestions?
>
> Co-sleeping in the hospital is difficult if not impossible, but it can
> be done.  I find the best solution is a side-car arrangement.

Remember a while ago we discussed this on lactnet? You can get
beautiful sidebeds from Germany and they are called "Pforzheimer
Kinderbettchen". I have the telephone nr. and name of the firm that
imports them into the Netherlands (and according to their site they
also do export): NOVYMED, +31-13-5353535. The Dutch hospital that
uses them is very happy with the beds as they are very breastfeeding
friendly and are safe at the same time.

I have done a short google, the hospital that apparently invented
them has a homepage (in German): http://www.klinikum-
pforzheim.de/kliniken/index.php?id=27819&i=10930

I also went to a lecture in sept/oct where Helen Ball (
http://www.dur.ac.uk/anthropology/Staff/ball.php ) talked about an
English bedsharing research program. Take a look here for the
sidebeds she uses:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/sleep.lab/current%20progects%20p.htm

--
Heleen Hayes