From:
Darlene A Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 01:38:53 -0400
Doraine,
Always remember pump rental and kits end up costing less than formula or
sick babies.  That is the point.  I am hospital based and bill the
insurance companies.  I often have to get approval numbers and keep track
of how long the pump is out, make sure that the approval is extended,
etc.  But I always have parents look at the comparative cost of not
breastfeeding.  Lots of info r/t illness, hospitalization shorter and ABM
is expensive.  Hope this helps.
Darlene Breed BS, RN, IBCLC
Coordinator, Milk Bank/Breastfeeding Center
Worcester, MA (USA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]