From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 10:12:56 -0400
Ilene,
Your advise is right for this mom.  Baby should be seen to evaluate wt..  I
would also give her a tincture of time.  I'll just bet that by a day or two
this little guy will have a blow out.  I would also want to evaluate the
whole nursing experience here.  Does baby really latch well, is there milk
transfer.  I would also warn her about possibility of Dr. suggesting formula.
 She could use pumped br. milk and give to baby with a cup, p syringe,
teaspoon etc. and not compromise the nursing.  Also, is she using disposable
diapers?  These are hard to tell if the baby has urinated.
Linda Rosetti RN, IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa.