From:
Cheri Casciola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 20:11:13 EDT
Ann Conlon-Smith, IBCLC  writes:      " She says that the skin
"tries to heal" but as soon as she pumps, it opens up again."

*********
http://www.redgumsoaps.com.au/149.0.html
http://www.homeoint.org/hompath/articles/629.html
http://allsands.com/Health/Advice/oliveoilhealth_urc_gn.htm

The above sites goes into some detail on the medicinal benefits of olive oil.
 Perhaps this mother could try applying olive oil (must be virgin, first cold
pressed olive oil - NO lesser grade) to the affected sore/crack on her
breast.

As we state that what goes on our skin, must also be able to go into the
mouth, olive oil would qualify as such.

From first hand experience, we have switched to using olive oil for the
majority of our injuries.  Olive oil is known for its healing properties, as it
increases the white blood count.  Those who live in the Mid East desert areas are
aware that it keeps the skin soft and moisturized, it heals burns and
reverses scars.  Bacteria can not grow in its presence.  And healing occurs in the
quickest of time.  Heals chapped lips overnight.

I tried to locate other sites to back this up.  I've found them in the past.
I'm still learning about web searches, so please forgive.

Cheri Casciola, LLLL
IBCLC hopeful 2004

(I actually had an extremely low tire yesterday and it took 6 trips to
different filling stations to finally find air that worked!  Too bad the doctors are
wrong that we can't inflate tires with the air left over from our breast.
Sure would have saved me the time & hassle.)