From:
Sande Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 00:51:48 EDT
I have to get in on this RN/NON RN discussion I am a certified Childbirth
educator and Lactation counselor waiting to take the Lactation Consultant
exam, certified breastfeeding educator AND have taught for 24 years, I have
had the same response from some hospitals on both titles, and ofcourse with
my knowledge and experience I get very angry about this subject I have taught
with RNs that are not certified and are terrible instructors especially  To
the diverse population some of the classes are, Even they are experienced to
teach at the bedside but the complaint like  I have read don't support
Breastfeeding . I had one this evening that had not even suggested to a Mom
with a sleepy baby the possibilities to get baby interested.
The real reason I need help is I have a Mom on PAXIL and the Ped said to
quite nursing and I dont have my lactation med book her, what can she take
for an antidepressant. I enjoy Lactnet very much and hope someone can help.