From:
Micky Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:39:35 -0400
Hello everyone, I am new to the list. I am a LLL Leader in Tennessee. I
need some assistance and would love to see if you have any wisdom to share
or can point me in the right direction.

Situation: A mother who is pregnant with her 3rd child. She has been told
she has a microadenoma (she discribed it as a tumor on her pituitary
gland). She said it is too dangerous to operate on and she has learned to
live with it. She lactates continually (not large amts) BUT looses her
milk supply postpartum at 3 to 4 months. With child number two she tried
meeting with many lc's, pumping and synthetic pitocin (had it specially
made for her?) but was not producing enough milk for her child. The child
stopped gaining weight between 3 doctor visits. This happened with both
children but the attempts to increase supply were with the second.

Everything I am seeing talks about an oversupply of milk or how this
should not affect breastfeeding. Any thoughts? Anything else I should find
out or she should discuss with her doctors or LC's? I looked through the
archives as well. Thank you for your assistance.
Micky