From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:30:58 -0600
Oprah Winfrey will be taping a show next week on "That Child is Too Old to
be doing That!!" including breastfeeding, co-sleeping, pacifiers, etc.

My friend Rachel Hamlet (from Lactivist list) may be one of the people on
stage during the show.  She called me today and told me about it, and I
called one of the directors of the show and had a nice chat, and then he
asked if I could federal express some of my publications to him.  So I sent
him copies of Beauty and the Breast and A Time to Wean, plus my new journal
manuscript (unpublished), a copy of the part from my new book debunking that
pesky "4.2 years as the average age of weaning worldwide" figure, and a copy
of my vita so they can see I'm legitimate.  They even paid for the federal
express!  We shall see!  It probably won't air for another month or two.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University