Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 16:40:00 -0700
<Nicola comments on the frustration of setting up a mother with a
comfortable/effective latch and the mom going off and doing something else.>

I've been busy with our coalition's conference so I'll admit I have not
followed this thread well.  Has anyone mentioned motivational interviewing?
We just had a session at our conference.  It was really great.  They use
this at some of the local WIC offices.  It takes the mother where she is and
helps her go to the next level.  It also seems to ease much of the
frustration of those working with the mothers.

Mary Wagner-Davis