From:
eileen shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:16:22 -0500
When i had my 30 week premature baby many years ago, I also had
hepatitis A ( the reason for the early birth.)   I was not allowed to
use the hospital pumps in case I contaminated them, and I was not
allowed to bring a pump into the hospital because it was over Christmas
and the hospital electricians couldn't guarantee its safety.   So I
learned to hand express and had enough milk for him and some to spare.
  It's just a knack and works well once you know how to do it.   Hand
expression is something I teach everyone i see and they are all amazed
to see how much milk they have.  Eileen