Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:55:05 -0500
Thank you for your replies (both private and group) to my post about the
vegetarian mom who needs to go off dairy.  I'm sorry that I didn't tell you
the baby's age when I was telling about his hair coming out.  He is 2
months old.  Most of you confirmed my own experience that many healthy
babies lose their new-born hair.

The mom was pleased that so many of you wanted to reply to her concern.
She suspected that baby was fine, but her family has given her a hard time
for the 15 or so years that she has been vegetarian.  And she suspects, as
a couple of you suggested, that the doubts of her family are coming out
stronger now that she is breastfeeding her baby.  They were also doubtful
that another sister was adequately nourishing her baby with breastfeeding,
even though that sister was not a vege.

She has gone off dairy and baby is verrrrry happy, sleeps better, and feeds
more calmly.  We talked about other high protein foods and calcium foods
and supplements.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mailto:[log in to unmask]