From:
Patricia Martens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 16:47:33 PST
From:  Pat Martens IBCLC, MSc(Community Health), Doctoral Student, LLL
re:  taking good pictures
Here's a reference I really appreciated when I recently took pictures of
a breastfeeding mother and baby:
Pryor, Karen. How to take pictures of a nursing mother. Journal of
Human Lactation 1991; 7(4): 190-191.

I found that natural lighting, and some photos with a living room lamp
aimed at the couple (next to a curtained window) gave a very nice
effect. Colourful clothing also helps - solid colours looked good on
film.

hope this helps.  Isn't the Journal of Human Lactation wonderful!!

pat (I really must get off the Lactnet and do some work, but you people
are fascinating to read. This is quite distracting in the midst of
getting ready for PhD comprehensive exams!). Wish I had some advice for
you, Kathy, re the dead animal smell, but this farm lady is blank.