From:
Libby Berkeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:04:34 -0700
Dear Lactnetters:
I am commenting on The Sims.  Well, my kids have that game too, and at least
its not violent and has no cussing or sex (well, people do kiss).  I haven't
seen the bottles, but does it really surprise you?  That hideous little baby
on The Simpsons with her ubiqitous pacifier?  The millions of little girls'
dolls with bottles and pacifiers?  When have you EVER seen a cartoon with a
baby breastfeeding?  When have you seen a video game with breastfeeding?
This is why we have to make a big fuss every time the mass media show
breastfeeding; on the news, on soap operas, on shows.  And of course, you
all know how they depict us LCs in night time dramas.....vicious, hard,
scary, school-marmish fanatics with no love in our hearts.  It seems like
The Sims is just more of the same.  Sorry.
libby in El Paso