Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:33:51 EST
I have had fantastic results with oral therapy in infants with poor suck.
I've had some who couldn't even bottle feed and were finger fed or fed with
haberman who have made great improvement with Beckman Oral Motor therapy.
Debra Beckman has spoken at ILCA a couple of times about her work with
infants.  She does traveling workshops to train other OT and speech
therapist.  I have found that the hospital speech therapist (not trained with
Beckman technique) don't seem to make the progress as quickly as those
trained by the Beckman method.  Her training and expertise is exceptional.
Her website is <A HREF="http://www.oralmotor.com/">http://www.oralmotor.com/</A>
(I'm blessed to have Debra right here in my backyard to refer to and work
with.)

Warm regards,
Pat Lindsey, IBCLC - Lactation Services  www.PatLC.com
Pediatrics Plus' Lactation Consultant   www.pedsplus.com