From:
Paull Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:46:17 -0800
>  So
> hasn't anyone thought that maybe the little boy when pressured by a father
> who obviously has issues with his mother, then strange people asking him in
> who knows what tone of voice...do you still want to nurse?

These were my thoughts too.  My 5 year old son still nurses, but at
around age 3 (without my prompting him) he decided that nursing was not
something to do in public and he firmly asked me not to talk about his
nursing to anyone except family.  Where did he get this from???  Even
now, if I question him about why he likes to nurse or when he might be
thinking  about quitting, he gets very antsy and ambivalent.  Doesn't
anyone wonder about this 6 year old who under intense questioning might
not start to waver in his thoughts?? he probably cannot formulate into
words what nursing means to him and how he should proceed when he knows
it isn't 'normal' but he still likes to do it.

It is sad that he is placed into the foster care of the very same baby
sitter who called CPS.  Now I fear she will be filling his head with
ugly notions of breastfeeding, instead of leaving him with wonderful
memories.  Why hasn't anyone pitted her credibility against that of the
mothers (who now must spend Christmas without her son).

Robyn Paull
LLL of San Diego South Bay