From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 21:39:07 +0000
Sandy wrote:
<<<
I made a connection about three years ago between complaints of
"gassiness/fussiness" in the baby and possible yeast/thrush.>>>

In the Netherlands last month there was in a mainstream magazine (it
reaches almost all dutch pregant and mothers of newborns), an article
about breastfeeding. It was very good (for the first time in years!). S.
Berghuijs, had made comments at this article, and all her comments were
taken into account before publishing it. Berghuijs was the first IBCLC
in the Netherlands and now chairwoman of the dutch associasion of IBCLC.

Anyway, in this article fussy and gassy behaviour is listed as one of
the symptoms of thrush, as unlatch and relatch.

I wanted to add another possible cause of the fussiness/gazziness: bad
latch on.
--
Annelies Bon                                http://www.flnet.nl/~0bon01/
mother of Dirk 6yo, Tom 4yo, Pieter 18mo