Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:09:32 EDT
Mary says,

<<I know there is a lot of affection for the Classic among LCs. I like it,
but have always found the Lactina adequate (and less expensive for my
clients,) >>

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the Lactina would be less expensive for your
clients than the Classic.  Wouldn't it be the same charge/day/week/month
regardless of the pump you recommend?

It certainly would be less expensive for me to maintain a fleet of Lactinas
rather than a combination of the two.  But I've been renting pumps for 18
years, and I remember when the Lactina came out.  It was recommended for the mother
who was going back to work....only.  Period.  When I started renting pumps,
the only one available was the Classic.  Interesting that the Lactina has
morphed from a pump that was to be used for the mom going back to work as a pump
that is equivalent to the Classic.

Maybe my affection for the Classic is warranted, because it is an affection
borne out by experience???

Maybe the reason the Lactina has recently become "equal" to the Classic is
because it is less expensive than the Classic for Medela (and hospitals and LCs)
to maintain?

Maybe the Euro (or the dollar) is at the bottom of the claims?  And the
prices to the consumer?  I wonder.....

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, RLC
Wheaton, Illinois
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com