Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 17:27:15 +0000
Sadly ; ) we don't get to watch Dr Phil in the UK.  However,  we get
our misinformation from our own home-grown versions of him, so we are
not deprived at all.

(A drum roll, please, for Dr Hilary Jones - a guy not a gal Hilary -
who thinks that male partners might not be able to cope with the
baby's expropriation of their lover's breasts for longer than four
months, poor dears).

But as I recall the discussion, Kay wasn't asking Dr Phil how to stop
bf her children - was she??? So how come he turns it round as if she
felt under pressure from her kids and wanted to resist it??

And his use of the word 'weaning' as the age beyond which a baby
shouldn't feed indicates he thinks giving any solids are the sign
that bf should cease, so he isn't even following his own garbled
version of the AAP policy.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK